I completed a PhD in harmonic analysis under the supervision of Tony Carbery, graduating in 2014.
Kinnear, G. (2014). Case studies for the multilinear Kakeya theorem and Wolff-type inequalities (Doctoral thesis, University of Edinburgh). URL:https://era.ed.ac.uk/handle/1842/8962
I then proceeded to reading Córdoba's Translation Invariant Operators; in particular the section on Bochner-Riesz multipliers, alongside related material.
I worked on a problem related to the recent paper of Garrigós and Seeger, as well as the multilinear Kakeya problem.
Conferences & Workshops
- Harmonic Analysis and PDEs Workshop (Birmingham, 25 November 2011)
- Oscillatory integrals in harmonic analysis (Edinburgh, 6-10 June 2011)
- Harmonic Analysis Workshop (Edinburgh, 11/02/11)
- Harmonic Analysis and PDEs Workshop (Birmingham, 25-26 November 2010)
- Harmonic Analysis and PDEs Workshop (Madrid, 16-17 September 2010)
- Harmonic Analysis and PDE Workshop (Glasgow, 23/02/10)
- Harmonic Analysis International Conference on the occasion of the 60th birthday of José García-Cuerva and 25th anniversary of his book with José Luis Rubio de Francia (El Escorial, Madrid, 17-20 November 2009)
- Harmonic Analysis/PDE Workshop (Birmingham, 25/03/09)
- Workshop on Harmonic Analysis and Geometric Measure Theory (Glasgow, 16/12/08)
I organised an informal “Analysis Club”, which took the form of a series of talks by and for graduate students.
- Restriction Theory, Analysis Club, 7 February 2011 (notes)
- LaTeX, Organization and YOU!, PG Colloquium, 27 January 2011
- A variant of Wolff's inequality, Analysis Club, 3 December 2010 (discussing some recent work)
- Maths Education in Scotland, PG Colloquium, 23 September 2010 (slides)
- Bochner-Riesz Multipliers, Analysis Club, 5 May 2010 (notes)
- Littlewood-Paley Theory, Analysis Club, 22 March 2010 (notes)
- Bochner-Riesz Multipliers, PG Colloquium, 4 March 2010 (slides)
- The Kakeya Maximal Conjecture, Harmonic Analysis Seminar, 10 November 2010 (notes)
- Littlewood-Paley Theory and Multipliers, 1st Year Report, 14 September 2009 (report, slides)
- Integer Partitions, PG Colloquium, 11 June 2009 (slides)