Guidelines for Presenters
Invited and Contributed Talks, Posters
The format of the conference is tantamount to traditional EVA face-to-face conferences, consisting of live talks and Q&As, as well as poster sessions throughout the week.
- Live talk (20 minutes) and discussion (5 minutes)
- Live talk (15 minutes) and discussion (5 minutes)
- Proposals due 12 April - Submit Here
All speakers must submit a 3-minute video preview of their talk by 17 May. There is no limit on the number of slides.
A preview is a video recording of a short presentation that includes the talk title, authors, and the main points and results that you think will attract the audience interested in your work. The idea is not to explain all the details about your work, but to get people interested enough so that they come to see your talk! Previews should be recorded using Zoom.
Posters will be submitted before the conference and will be available to view throughout the conference in our virtual Sococo conference room. Presenters will be expected to attend at the poster session to discuss their posters and answer questions about their work.
Poster blitz session
Poster presenters can opt to give a 2-minute talk at the poster blitz session of the conference.
The talk should be a short presentation (1 slide containing the poster) which includes the poster title and authors. During the talk, you can highlight the main points and results that will attract the audience interested in your work. The idea is not to explain all the details about your work, but to get people interested enough so that they come to see your poster!
- The deadline (12 April) for proposal submission has now passed
- Final posters are due by 31 May - Submit Here
- Posters should be submitted in .pdf format
- Posters may be in portrait or landscape
- Posters can be produced in the standard way (e.g. powerpoint, beamerposter class in Latex)
- We do not have a conference template for the poster - it can look however you like!
- Try this free pdf convertor
- All talks will take place on-line over Zoom
- Poster sessions will take place in our online conference room
- Video previews of talk should be recorded using Zoom