In 2007, I started experimented with posting material related to my presentations on my webpage. The LaTeX package, beamer makes excellent documents for presentations. However, in many situations, I find a chalk-board talk more effective and only prepare hand-written notes for myself. I plan to continue posting material for my talks on this page for the moment, but I've found two major problems. First, there is an enormous amount of repetition in my formal presentations using beamer documents. Second, my informal notes for chalk-board talks can be very messy.
- Decay of fields outside black
holes: Massless Vlasov outside a very slow Kerr
- Decay for the Maxwell field outside a slowly rotating Kerr black
- Decay for the wave equation outside a slowly rotating Kerr black
- Princeton University, Analysis
seminar, 2010 (1 hour).
- Philadelphia, SIAM conference
on nonlinear wave and coherent structures, 2010 (~20 min).
- Banff (BIRS), Geometric analysis and
general relativity workshop, 2010 (?).
- Edinburgh, Centre for analysis and
nonlinear wave equations: mid-project symposium, 2010 (~25 min).
- Granada, PDEs, relativity, and
nonlinear waves workshop , 2010 (?).
- M. F. Oberwolfach, Mathematical
aspects of general relativity workshop , 2010 (?).
- University of Glasgow, Analysis seminar, 2010 (1 hour).
- MSRI, Hot topics: Black holes in
relativity 2009 (25 minutes).
- University of Oxford, rlativity seminar, 2009 (1 hour).
- University of Cambridge, Geometric
Analysis and Partial Differential Equations seminar, 2008 (1 hour).
- Decay for the Maxwell field on the Schwarzschild manifold.
- Decay of waves on a warp product manifold with an unstable, closed geodesic surface. 10 December 2006, Toronto. Canadian Mathematical Society winter 26 meeting.