- Tel: +44 (0) 131 650 5284
- Email: email@example.com
- Room: 2261
• Research Interests: Computer Aided Assessment in Mathematics and Sciences, Blended Learning.
• Research Groups: Technology Enhanced Mathematical Sciences Education, https://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/school-of-mathematics/research/tech-enhanced-maths-education
• Biographical Statement: I am Facilitator of Technology Enhanced Mathematical Education. My main role is to design and develop online assessments for the undergraduate Mathematics courses using the STACK assessment system and also to give practical support to colleagues about the best use of e-assessment. I'm heavily involved in the translation of HELM (Help Engineers Learn Mathematics) workbooks into interactive online workbooks. I have a growing interest in scholarship of learning and teaching and how technology and e-learning can be used to support learners and educators. In 2019 I was awarded a fellowship in the Higher Education Academy.
• Education Background: I studied Physics at the University of Ioannina, Greece and I received my B.Sc. in 2006. I pursued a PhD in Experimental Nuclear Physics at the University of Ioannina, which I completed in 2013. My PhD thesis was: "Optical potential and reaction mechanisms of weakly bound nuclei at near barrier energies".