Previous colloquia information
School of Mathematics Colloquia information
Colloquia 2019 - 2020
Colloquia 2014 - 2015
- 15 May 2015, JCMB, Etienne Ghys, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon.
- 8 May 2015, JCMB, Arkadi Nemirovski, Georgia Tech.
- 10 February 2015, JCMB, Peter Cameron, St.Andrews, Synchronisation.
- 10 February 2015, 4pm in JCMB, Lecture Theatre B, Philip K Maini, Oxford Case Studies in Modelling Collective Cell Motion
- 3 November 2014, JCMB, Lecture Theatre C, Ben Green, Oxford. Points and lines.
- 6 February 2015, ICMS, Maxwell Colloquium. Key note speaker: Pierre Del Moral.
Colloquia 2013 - 2014
- 11 June, JCMB 6206, Roger J-B Wets, UC Davis. Opt-Technology in Statistical Estimation: Fusion of Hard and Soft information.
- 30 May, JCMB 5215, Tony Scholl, Cambridge University. L-functions and arithmetic.
- 16 May, JCMB 5215, Dorothy Buck, Imperial College London. Knotted DNA: Mathematical Models and Biological Consequences.
- 2 May, Lecture Theatre C, Whittaker Colloquium by János Pintz, Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics, Budapest. Small gaps between primes, primes in arithmetic progressions and arithmetic progressions of primes.
- 4 April, JCMB 5215, Valerie Isham, Stochastic modelling in hydrology.
- 28 February, JCMB 5215, Roger Heath-Brown, Oxford. Rational Points on Algebraic Varieties.
- 7 February, JCMB 5215, Adrian Simpson, Durham. How do we, could we and should we assess mathematics undergraduates?
- 31 January, JCMB 5215, Michal Branicki, James Maddison, Johan Martens, Jon Pridham, University of Edinburgh. Titles and Abstracts.
- 29 November, JCMB 5215, Martin Hairer, Warwick University. Dynamics near criticality.
- 22 November, JCMB 5215, Sergio Garcia-Quiles, Ben Goddard, David Jodan, Hiro Oh, University of Edinburgh. Titles and Abstracts.