Best Student Paper
The Springer journal Extremes organizes a competition for Best Student Paper Award at EVA 2021.
Young researchers, defined as PhD students and those who recently (in 2018-2021) received a PhD degree, are encouraged to participate.
1. Submit an abstract and make sure you indicate that you want to participate in the Best Student Paper competition. In case of multi-authored papers: the prize will be awarded to the paper, but the monetary amount will be given to the presenting author at EVA 2021. Deadline for abstract submission is 12 April 2021
2. EVA Abstract Committee selects contributed talks from all abstracts submitted to EVA (not only from young researchers). Contributed speakers will be notified if their talk is accepted.
3. If your abstract is selected for oral presentation and you want to compete for the prize: send the full paper (pdf file) corresponding to the abstract to email@example.com before 31 May 2021. The paper may be published or submitted elsewhere. Together with the full paper, also provide some evidence that you are/have been a PhD student in 2018-2021 period, e.g. scanned letter of confirmation from your supervisor.
4. The Prize Committee selects no more than 10 young researcher papers for presentation in special sessions at EVA and informs these authors about the selection. Members of the Prize Committee will attend these sessions.
5. After the special sessions, the Prize Committee selects and announces the winning paper. The prize will be awarded during the EVA 2021 week.