I am currently a postdoc at the University of Edinburgh.
Previously, I was a postdoc at the University of Texas, Austin, and before that I was a graduate student of
David Nadler at Northwestern University.
Research Interests :
My research is centered around the field of Geometric Representation Theory. Much of my work involves the study of algebraic systems of differential equations (D-modules) in the presence of symmetry, drawing on concepts and tools from category theory, homotopy theory, derived algebraic geometry, and mathematical physics.
The University of Edinburgh, School of Mathematics
James Clerk Maxwell Building
The King's Buildings
Peter Guthrie Tait Road
Edinburgh EH9 3FD, UK
Office: JCMB 5407
E-mail address: sam.gunningham[at]ed[dot]ac[dot]uk
I am currently applying for jobs.
Here is my CV
Here is my Research Statement
- Highest Weights for Categorical Representations
Joint with David Ben-Zvi and Hendrik Orem
arXiv:1608.08273. (accepted for publication in International Mathematics Research Notices)
- Generalized Springer Theory for D-modules on a Reductive Lie Algebra
arXiv:1712.01963. (accepted for publication in Selecta Mathematica)
- The Character Field Theory and Homology of Character Varieties
Joint with David Ben-Zvi and David Nadler
arXiv:1705.04266. (accepted for publication in Mathematical Research Letters)
- The Arf-Brown TQFT of Pin^- Surfaces
Joint with Arun Debray
arXiv:1803.11183. (accepted for publication in Contemp. Math.)
- Spin Hurwitz numbers and topological quantum field theory
arXiv:1201.1273.Geometry & Topology 20-4 (2016), 1859--1907.
- A Derived Decomposition for Equivariant D-modules
arXiv:1705.04297. (under review, pending revisions)
- Symmetries of categorical representations and the quantum Ngo action
Joint with David Ben-Zvi
Link to Arxiv papers
- Generalized quantum Hamiltonian reduction and cuspidal
- Nilpotent cones and a stratification of the
moduli stack of semistable G-bundles on an
Joint with Dragos Fratila and Penghui Li
- Parabolic restriction on commuting stacks