School of Mathematics
The University of Edinburgh
The King's Buildings, Peter Guthrie Tait Road
James Clerk Maxwell Building, EH9 3FD
office: JCMB, room 5210
e-mail: r.o.mosincat [at] sms.ed.ac.uk
I am interested in the analysis of nonlinear dispersive PDEs
using tools from harmonic analysis, dynamical systems, probability, and operator theory.
In particular, I address problems regarding the low-regularity analysis of
(deterministic and stochastic) Schrödinger-type equations.
My supervisor is
Dr. Tadahiro Oh.
- (with O. Pocovnicu, L. Tolomeo, Y. Wang) Well-posedness of periodic three-dimensional stochastic nonlinear beam equations with space-time white noise
- (PhD thesis) Well-posedness of the one-dimensional derivative nonlinear Schrödinger equation
- (with H. Yoon) Unconditional uniqueness for the derivative nonlinear
Schrödinger equation on the real line
- (with K. Cheung) Stochastic nonlinear Schrödinger equations on tori,
- Global well-posedness of the derivative nonlinear Schrödinger equation with periodic boundary condition in
J. Differential Equations, 263 (2017) 4658-4722
- (with T. Oh) A remark on global well-posedness of the derivative nonlinear Schrödinger equation on the circle,
C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Paris, Ser. I
353 (2015) 837-841
- (with C. Preda and P. Preda) Dichotomies with no invariant unstable manifolds
for autonomous equations,
J. Funct. Spaces Appl., vol. 2012, Article ID 527647, 23 pp.
- (with C. Preda and P. Preda) A new version of a theorem of Minh-Rabiger-Schnaubelt regarding nonautonomous
Appl. Anal., 90 (2011) 1405-1418.
- (with C. Preda and P. Preda) Averaging theorems for the large-time behavior of the solutions of nonautonomous systems,
Systems Control Lett.,
60 (2011) 994-999.
- University of York (UK),
Mathematical Finance and Stochastic Analysis Seminar, May 21, 2018:
Stochastic nonlinear Schrödinger equations on tori
- University of Oxford (UK), Joint CDT Colloquium: Analysis and PDEs, April 20, 2018:
Unconditional uniqueness for the derivative nonlinear Schrödinger equation
- Kyoto University (Japan), NLPDE seminar, Department of Mathematics, February 9, 2018:
Low-regularity well-posedness for the derivative nonlinear Schrödinger equation
Stochastic nonlinear dispersive equations: SNLB and SNLS
- Fields Institute, Toronto (Canada),
Focus Program on Nonlinear Dispersive Partial Differential Equations and Inverse Scattering, July 31 - August 23, 2017:
(poster) Low-regularity well-posedness for the derivative nonlinear Schrödinger equation
- ICMS, Edinburgh (UK),
Probabilistic Perspectives in Nonlinear PDEs, June 5-9, 2017 and
Nonlinear PDEs, stochastic control and filtering: new methods and applications: in honour of Nikolai Krylov, May 29 - June 2, 2017
(poster) Well-posedness theory of the three-dimensional stochastic beam equation with additive space-time white noise forcing
- University of Birmingham (UK),
Analysis Seminar (School of Mathematics), October 31, 2016:
Global well-posedness for the derivative nonlinear Schrödinger equation on the torus
- West University of Timisoara (Romania),
The 23rd International Conference on Operator Theory, June 29 - July 4, 2010:
Some remarks on the asymptotic behaviour of the solutions
of semilinear evolution equations
- West University of Timisoara (Romania), Functional Analysis seminar, March 2010:
Discrete-time theorems for the continuous-time dichotomy of autonomus equations
with no unstable invariant manifolds.
- West University of Timisoara (Romania), Analysis seminar, November 2009:
Spectral properties of one-parameter semigroups
- West University of Timisoara (Romania), Analysis seminar, October 2009:
On the abstract Cauchy problem
In past semesters, I served as a tutor for:
- Honours Complex Variables (Spring 2018, 1 section)
- Honours Complex Variables, skills (Spring 2018, 2 sections)
- Probability with Applications (Spring 2017, 2 sections)
- Honours Complex Variables (Spring 2017, 1 section)
- Honours Complex Variables, skills (Spring 2017, 1 section)
- Honours Differential Equations (Fall 2016, 1 section)
- Linear Analysis (Fall 2016, 1 section)
- Pure Analysis (SMSTC, graduate level), Module 1 (Fall 2016)
- Probability with Applications (Spring 2016, 2 sections)
- Engineering Mathematics (Fall 2015, 2 sections)
- Calculus and its Applications (Spring 2015, 2 sections)
Joint CDT Colloquium (joint meeting of the CDTs at University of Cambridge, University of Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt University, University of Oxford, and University of Warwick):
co-organiser (with Tim Hurst, Anton Martinsson, Jenovah Rodrigues), April 18-21, 2017, ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
- (forthcoming) Renormalisation in quantum field theory and in stochastic partial differential equations: a gentle introduction and some recent developments, September 3-7, 2018,
The Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge (UK).
- Conference on Mathematics of Wave Phenomena,
July 23-27, 2018, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany).
- MIGSAA mini-course: Singular SPDEs and Regularity Structures by H. Weber (Warwick) and M. Gerencsér (IST Austria),
June 26-30, 2018, University of Edinburgh (UK).
- MIGSAA mini-course: Introduction to Regularity Structures by A. Chandra (Imperial),
April 30 - May 2, 2018, University of Edinburgh (UK).
- 50th Anniversary meeting of the North British Functional Analysis Seminar, April 12-14, 2018, ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
- MIGSAA Annual Colloquium,
September 22, 2017, ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
- Harmonic analysis and its interactions: in honour of Tony Carbery, July 17-21, 2017, Edinburgh (UK).
- Workshop on BSDEs, SPDEs and their applications, July 2-7, 2017, ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
- Warwick EPSRC Symposium: School in Analysis and PDE, June 12-16, 2017, University of Warwick (UK).
- Emerging PDE models in Socio-Economic Sciences, May 15-19, 2017,
University of Warwick (UK).
Stochastic PDEs: Analysis and Computation, March 27-31, 2017, University of Warwick (UK).
- LMS Harmonic Analysis Network Meeting, November 4, 2016, ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
- MIGSAA Annual Colloquium,
September 23, 2016, ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
MIGSAA summer school: fluid mechanics, September 13-15, 2016, ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
- Nonlinear Waves 2016: Summer School, July 18-29, 2016,
IHES, Orsay (France).
- Singularity formation and long-time behavior in dispersive PDEs, March 14-18, 2016, University of Bonn (Germany).
- Mini-symposium in Analysis,
October 23, 2015, ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
2nd Maxwell Institute Graduate School on Evolution Equations,
September 16-18, 2015, ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
- Conference on Partial Differential Equations,
August 24-26, 2015,
ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
- Harmonic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations, July 27-31, 2015,
ICMS, Edinburgh (UK).
- Normal forms and large time behavior for nonlinear PDE, June 22 - July 3, 2015,
Universite de Nantes (France).
- Topics in renormalisation group theory and regularity structures, May 11-15, 2015,
University of Warwick (UK).
- Harmonic Analysis and the Renormalization Group,
April 18-21, 2014, University of Virginia (USA).
Southern California Analysis and PDE, March 9-10, 2013,
University of California, Los Angeles (USA).
While an undergraduate student at the ``Politehnica" University of Timisoara (Romania),
I took some interest in developing optimized code
for training artificial neural networks.
I have worked under the supervision of Dr. Dan Ciresan.
Nowadays, I am curious to hear about new developments in machine learning, pattern recognition,
or more broadly in artificial intelligence.
Analysis Seminar [UoE]
Analysis Seminar [HWU]
Forthcoming workshops at ICMS
Updated: August 3, 2018.