EVENT Joint research day
We welcome you to a joint research day between the
Centre for Statistics
and the Centre for Discovery Brain Sciences.
The goal is to promote collaboration and cross-fertilisation of ideas and techniques between these two
The programme comprises a mixture of talks with an application focus, and talks with a more statistical methodology focus. Both types of talk highlight complete and ongoing research programmes. Application focussed talks could also highlight problems that are as yet unsolved or identify new types of data that might be coming and which will pose new challenges. Methodological focussed talks could identify the sorts of problems where the statistical methods might find applicability.
Talks are followed by time for discussion in the hope that we start to identify common research projects.
- 11.45–12.15 Welcome lunch
- 12.15–12.45 Prof Jonathan Gair (CfS)
- 12.45–13.15 Prof Ian Duguid (CfDBS)
- 13.15–13.45 Discussion
- 13.50–14.00 Prof David Price (CfDBS)
- 14.00–14.10 Dr Ioannis Papastathopoulos (CfS)
- 14.10–14.20 Dr Nathalie Rochefort (CfDBS)
- 14.20–14.30 Mr Nicolo Margaritella (CfS)
- 14.30–15.00 Discussion
- 15.00–15.30 Tea and coffee break
- 15.30–16.00 Dr Miguel de Carvalho (CfS)
- 16.00–16.30 Prof Matthew Nolan (CfDBS)
- 16.30–17.00 Discussion and seed funding information