We work in a wide range of areas including Linear and Nonlinear Elliptic and Hyperbolic PDEs, Harmonic Analysis, Spectral Theory, Stochastic Analysis and Dynamical Systems. Analysis is part of the Pure Mathematics group at Edinburgh which has consistently been placed in the top 5 UK departments over the last 12 years as measured by the 2001 and 2008 Research Assessment Exercises.
The Centre for Analysis and Nonlinear PDE (CANPDE) is a joint venture with our Maxwell Institute partners Heriot-Watt and its home within the University of Edinburgh is the Analysis group. Please see
for more details of the CANPDE's activities.
Please see individuals' home pages for a more detailed description of research interests.
Related Seminar Series
- Dimitrios Roxanas Research Fellow
- Sandy Davie Professor
- T Alastair Gillespie Professor
- Philip Heywood Honorary Fellow
- Allan M Sinclair Honorary Professor
- Kelvin Cheung Postgraduate Student
- Luke Dyer Postgraduate Student
- Razvan Mosincat Postgraduate Student
- Leonardo Tolomeo Postgraduate Student
- Zoe Wyatt Postgraduate Student