Welcome to the Analysis Group at the University of Edinburgh. We work in a wide range of areas of mathematical analysis, including Linear and Nonlinear PDEs of a variety of flavours (Elliptic, Hyperbolic, Parabolic, Dispersive and Stochastic), Harmonic Analysis, Free Boundaries, Geometric Measure Theory, and General Relativity.
The Analysis Group is part of the School of Mathematics at Edinburgh which has consistently been placed in the top 5 UK departments over the last 20 years as measured by recent Research Assessment and Research Excellence Framework Exercises.
Our group plays a central role in MIGSAA, the Maxwell Institute Graduate School in Analysis and its Applications, which has admitted around 70 students PhD over the last five years. MIGSAA is a joint venture with our Maxwell Institute partners Heriot-Watt.
The Analysis Group arranges numerous activities including seminars, working groups, mini-courses, LMS Network meetings, and conferences. Please click the link below to find our group's website to find out more about our group and these activities.
- Jim Wright Head of Research Group Professor
- Jonas Azzam Lecturer
- Pieter Blue Lecturer
- Nikolaos Bournaveas Lecturer
- Tony Carbery Professor
- Martin Dindos Reader
- Istvan Gyongy Professor
- Aram Karakhanyan Lecturer
- Tadahiro (Choonghong) Oh Reader
- Tristan Robert Research Fellow
- Sandy Davie Professor
- T Alastair Gillespie Professor
- Philip Heywood Honorary Fellow
- Allan M Sinclair Honorary Professor
- Jean Burnazyan Postgraduate Student
- Andreia Chapouto Postgraduate Student
- Kelvin Cheung Postgraduate Student
- Timothy Espin
- John Green Postgraduate Student
- Guopeng Li Postgraduate Student
- Leonardo Tolomeo Postgraduate Student
- William Trenberth , Postgraduate Student
- Zoe Wyatt Postgraduate Student