My topics of interest are discrete facility location, vehicle routing problems, clustering problems and network design problems. In general, I am interested in combinatorial optimization problems that involve linear (or nonlinear) mathematical programming models and which require the design of efficient exact algorithms. Techniques I am familiar with are pre-processing, development of tighter formulations through valid inequalities, branch-and-cut algorithms and column-and-row generation for reduced formulations.
Current and Recent PhD Students
* Ivona Gjeroska, September 2018-.
* Paula Fermín Cueto, March 2020-.
* Malte Billen, September 2020-.
Graduated PhD students:
* Xavier Cabezas, February 2018.
* Lukas Schäfer, June 2018.
* Minerva Martín del Campo Barraza, December 2020.
* BS in Mathematics, University of Murcia, 2001.
* PhD in Mathematics, University of Murcia, 2006.
* University Carlos III (Spain), 2006-2012.
* University of Kent, 2012-2013.