About the workshopThis workshop brings together experts in a variety of fields including convex and nonconvex optimization, preconditioning, interior point methods, the simplex method, Krylov subspace methods, scientific and parallel computing among others. Research in these areas holds great promise for huge-scale problems arising in the digital economy.
DatesThursday 31 October - Friday 1 November, 2013.
Keynote speakerProf Michael Saunders (Stanford University).
LocationThe conference will be held in the International Centre for Mathematical Sciences (ICMS) in Edinburgh, Scotland.
|Address||15 South College Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AA, United Kingdom|
|Phone Number||0131 650 9831|
View Larger Map
- Stefania Bellavia  (University of Florence)
- Coralia Cartis   (University of Oxford)
- Iain Duff  (STFC-RAL and CERFACS)
- Kimonas Fountoulakis  (University of Edinburgh)
- Julian Hall   (University of Edinburgh)
- Des Higham   (University of Strathclyde)
- Nick Higham   (University of Manchester)
- Benedetta Morini  (University of Florence)
- Michael Saunders   (Stanford University)
- Jennifer Scott  (Rutherford Appleton Laboratory)
- David Silvester   (University of Manchester)
- Rachael Tappenden   (University of Edinburgh)
Poster sessionA contributed poster session will be held during the conference. We invite participants to submit and present a high quality poster. The poster should be A0 in size, and although either orientation is acceptable, landscape is preferred.
There will be a small prize for the PhD student presenting the best poster at the workshop.
Support for PhD studentsWe have a small amount of funding to partially support PhD students from around the UK to attend this workshop. The successful applicant(s) must be willing to present a poster at the workshop. If you would like to apply for these funds, please email Rachael Tappenden with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your institution
- The name of your supervisor
- The total amount you are applying for in GBP (and a breakdown of the costs)
- A brief description of why you would like to attend the conference
- A letter of support from your supervisor
We will respond to your request within two weeks.
|Rachael Tappenden||Email: R.Tappenden@ed.ac.uk||Website: http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/~rtappend/|
|Jacek Gondzio||Email: J.Gondzio@ed.ac.uk||Website: http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/~gondzio/|