Congratulations to Chris Dent who has received the status of Chartered Engineer from the Engineering Council. According to the Engineering Council, Chartered Engineers are able to demonstrate:
- The theoretical knowledge to solve problems in new technologies and develop new analytical techniques
- Successful application of the knowledge to deliver innovative products and services and/or take technical responsibility for complex engineering systems
- Accountability for project, finance and personnel management and managing trade-offs between technical and socio-economic factors
- Skill sets necessary to develop other technical staff
- Effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical matters.