About the workshop
EUROPT2015 was the annual event of the EUROPT continuous optimization working group of EURO (The Association of European Operational Research Societies). This was the 13th such workshop and was held in collaboration with the EURO 2015 conference to be held in Glasgow on 12-15 July 2015.
This conference marked 15 years of EUROPT
Selected papers presented at EUROPT2015 will be considered for peer-reviewed publication in a special issue of Mathematical Methods of Operations Research entitled Special issue on advances in continuous optimization on the occasion of EUROPT 2015.
EUROPT2016 will take place in Warsaw on 1-2 July 2016.
Information about the workshop, its venue and how to find it is available as a 2-page document.
The programme allows 30 minutes per talk: aim for 25 minutes delivery to leave 5 minutes for questions and moving between rooms. The abstracts are available as links in the programme and list of participants and have been compiled as a book. If you want a hard copy, please print your own.
Talks should be related to continuous optimization theory, algorithms, software or applications. It is expected that there will be a particular focus on large-scale optimization and linear algebra techniques in optimization.
EUROPT Fellow 2015
The EUROPT managing board has chosen Panos Pardalos (University of Florida) to be the EUROPT Fellow for 2015. This award will be presented during the workshop and the Fellow is invited to present the EUROPT Fellow Lecture as a plenary talk at the Workshop.
The following have also agreed to give plenary talks
- Serge Gratton (CERFACS-IRIT, Toulouse)
- Sven Leyffer (Argonne National Laboratory)
- Lieven Vandenberghe (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Julian Hall (Edinburgh University, Chair of the Organising Committee)
- Didier Aussel (University of Perpignan)
- Burak Buke (Edinburgh University)
- Fabio Schoen (University of Florence)
- Sergio Garcia-Quiles (Edinburgh University)
- Jacek Gondzio (Edinburgh University, Chair of the Programme Committee)
- Immanuel Bomze (University of Vienna)
- Frédéric Bonnans (Ecole Polytechnique)
- Roger Fletcher (University of Dundee)
- Nick Gould (Rutherford Appleton Laboratory)
- Andreas Grothey (Edinburgh University)
- Michal Kocvara (University of Birmingham)
- Peter Richtarik (Edinburgh University)
- Tamas Terlaky (Lehigh University)
- Gerhard-Wilhelm Weber (Middle East Technical University)
- Julius Zilinskas (Vilnius University)
EUROPT will support the invited guest speakers, EUROPT members from weak currency countries and early stage researchers. Sponsorship from NAG will be used to offer a lower conference fee for PhD students. Mosek is supporting the plenary talk by Lieven Vandenberghe. The meeting is also supported by a London Mathematical Society conference grant, the University of Glasgow Learning and Teaching Development Fund, and by the University of Edinburgh.
We hope to find further sponsorship to offset the various costs and expenses, including those of other plenary speakers.